Two is not always better
Problems faced with 2-layer linings:
- Complex installation
- Long installation times
- High material consumption & costs
- Loosening of lining & acollapse
With REFRALUSIT® ES, it is possible now to benefit from an option with the lowest thermal heat losses combined with the mechanical resistance of a 1-layer lining.
A unique product concept:
- Simple installation
- Up to 40 % faster installation
- Reduced material consumption
And all this with a comparable shell temperature
1-layer and 2-layer linings
REFRALUSIT® ES offers the unique possibility of installing a 1-layer Andalusite lining in the burning and calcining zone, because conventional Andalusite bricks would lead to a roughly 30 % higher shell temperature, which previously prohibited their use.
And finally: The coolest part
If the focus is a reduction of the shell temperature with a 2-layer lining, REFRALUSIT® ES is the best choice.
Thanks to the innovative ES technology – which is used in an alumino-silicate brick for the first time – a combination of REFRATHERM® 150 with the unique properties of REFRALUSIT® ES enables the shell temperature to be reduced by about 10 %.
Advantages at a glance
- REFRALUSIT® ES helps to reduce thecarbon footprint
- The 1-layer lining concept makes installation easier
- Up to 40% faster lining installation (1-layer lining)
- Lowest heat losses – both with 1-layer and 2-layer linings
- Reduced lining weight and therefore kiln load
- Reduced transport costs and import duties
- Higher performance achieved by a thicker wear lining
- Reinforced sinter bonding and a finer structure lead to higher strengths and an up to 25 % lower heat flow