The new development: Hybrid technology
Hybrid technology permits the combination of faster heat-up and high strength at low temperatures. It is therefore ideally suited for applications in which high strengths are required in the range of 20…1000 °C; for example in the production of prefabricated components or the lining of fluidized bed furnaces and refuse incineration plants.
Strength comparisons of REFRACAST® Hybrid F-60 AR/R and a Sol-Gel bonded castable.
Cold crushing strength of hybrid castables and Sol-Gel bonded castables at 20 °C/24 h; Hybrid castables exhibit a significant increase in cold crushing strength.
Hybrid castables make all the difference
compared with conventional cement containing castables:
- Faster heating up with shorter downtimes
- Cost and energy-saving
- Very good adherence to existing refractory materials
- Installation possible on hot surfaces and with high ambient temperatures
- Higher application temperature limits
- Optimized thermomechanical behaviour
- Long storage life of 12 months
- Increased cold crushing strength and modulus of rupture as well as optimized abrasion resistance in the temperature range below 1000 °C.